• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outer Glow Issue with Versaworks

jhd

I have a customer supplied file, with an outer glow around the text. I save as an eps out of illustrator, rip to versaworks. When it prints I get a box around the outer glow area that is a few shades lighter then the background color......any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.....

2B

yup been there and done that.

the file has a layer that is not showing up on the screen.

what the design does here is export as a PNG or JPG

jhd

There isnt a hidden layer....I'm thinking there must be something I missing while exporting.

vector and raster are set to two different rendering intents

Roland put a control in Versaworks, in the Color Management Preset (under the Job Settings dialog > Quality Tab) called Full Page Conversion Mode for this specific purpose. While it does not work in all cases (in my testing), it also does not require that you rasterize the data to eliminate the problem. That option still exists for those cases where Full Page Conversion does not work.

jhd

I did rasterize the file, but the output color is to far off from the original color and it is right next to a vectorized logo that prints perfect.
I'll look at the settings tomorrow am.....thanks for the help.

OADesign

jhd,

this is a common problem with versaworks. What works for me is, in illustrator, select all. then choose OBJECT > FLATTEN TRANSPARENCY. A dialog box will pop up. the default settings are usually good to go. Click OK. Then re-export the eps. Should work fine then.

Papajo

Outer glow can be caused by electrostatic deflection. In this case the glow gets worse if your head carriage is in high position. Check first if it's the case then go to low height. Reducing the speed can also reduce the glow. If you change the vinyl roll to one that's not statically charged the problem will just disappear.