• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outfield fence distance markers

Marie

I have a customer (a local engineering firm) who needs numbers to put on an outfield fence to show distance. He needs white numbers, .09 inches thick, either 16 inches or 24 inches tall. They need to be shatter-resist and weatherproof. He needs a total of 9. Any sources for who cut cut and ship these numbers to me? THANKS!

Billct2

Why .09? I would want more flexibility in thickness.
How will they install them?
You say 9 total, outfields are usually hundreds of feet, so does he mean 9 sets of 3 numerals or 9 individual numbers?
I would probably suggest White Lexan or ACM.
Anyone with a router could cut them for you.

Marie

I think that they measured the old numbers and came up with that thickness. However, I told him that we would get the closest standard thickness available. He is needing 3 sets of 3 numbers. We can easily make him a banner or coro sign, but he wants individual, routed letters. Thanks for the material suggestions!

paul luszcz

Although our local suppliers only carry .080 aluminum, our wholesale fabricators routinely use .090 for large commercial signs so it must be readily available to them. It would need to be waterjet cut.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We do a lot of ball fields around and outside of the area and I think everyone of these we've ever made were either die-cut vinyl, printed or painted on solid sheet of 3mm diebond which was mounted to an aluminum piece of framework at the park itself. Most people just toss the entire old sign out and put in new ones when needed.