• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outgassing Walls

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Question is regarding paint. How long should paint (of different varieties) outgas before applying cast vinyl to it? I know the answers are on here somewhere, but thats a lot of posts to look through.

Initial proposal is for cast on type 5 drywall, paint undetermined - are there recommendations I should make on that so we get a very nice product that will look awesome in front of, say, 5 star generals?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What sticks in my mind is that the most outgassing happens in the first few days. It was always recommended to customers to wait at least four days before applying vinyl after painting, but some just won't take no for an answer. I've applied it after 24 hours before and it's been fine - no peeling, no bubbles. Might just depend on the specific paint and its chemical composition.