Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outline around outline in Corel?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by juan45215, Jan 24, 2007.

1. juan45215

juan45215 Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Cincinnati OH
    Anybody know how to get htis effect?

The text then white space then it's like a partial outline.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    Make 10" green text with say .5" green outline, behind fill, then duplicate this text on top, change the outline to say .25" white, behind fill.

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Sure. Add a contour, but in the area where it says "steps", instead of one, put the number 2. Then click apply. Then go to arrange, break contour group apart, and then click ctrl and U at the same time (to ungroup the selection). You can then click each color as a contour layer, and make it whatever color you want it to be.

4. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    I am printing, so I choose just the outline "pen" tool. It's lot easier to change the thickness of the outlines to get the right effect. Then if you need to cut vinyl, use "convert outline to object" under "arrange" menu.

Outline pen has a feature that can make outline sharp corners "rounded", often a desired look. Which "contour" tool can not achieve.

5. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I do what gnemmas does, but I do the equivalant in Illustrator. You have more control with adjusting the strokes. Contouoring (offset path) is sometimes hit and miss.

6. juan45215

juan45215 Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Cincinnati OH
    Thanks everybody all the suggestions worked great.