• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline around outline in Corel?

juan45215

Anybody know how to get htis effect?

The text then white space then it's like a partial outline.

Attachments

• IRISH.jpg
    IRISH.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 167

gnemmas

Make 10" green text with say .5" green outline, behind fill, then duplicate this text on top, change the outline to say .25" white, behind fill.

Flame

Sure. Add a contour, but in the area where it says "steps", instead of one, put the number 2. Then click apply. Then go to arrange, break contour group apart, and then click ctrl and U at the same time (to ungroup the selection). You can then click each color as a contour layer, and make it whatever color you want it to be.

gnemmas

I am printing, so I choose just the outline "pen" tool. It's lot easier to change the thickness of the outlines to get the right effect. Then if you need to cut vinyl, use "convert outline to object" under "arrange" menu.

Outline pen has a feature that can make outline sharp corners "rounded", often a desired look. Which "contour" tool can not achieve.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I do what gnemmas does, but I do the equivalant in Illustrator. You have more control with adjusting the strokes. Contouoring (offset path) is sometimes hit and miss.