• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline clean-up

Stroker Ace

I use Pro Design software to run my Graphtec 300 – 24 inch cutter. The software seems to allow me to do minimal clean-up of my hand drawn flames but after vectorizing, I find that the flame outlines are extremely rough. I’m thinking I may need to do my clean-up with something different. What would you suggest I do? Thank you.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Mark

WVB

You'll have to remove the extra nodes. Should look like a pen tip with a - next to it. To add nodes look for the pen tip with the + by it. Or if you have Illustrator go to path/simplify and change it to 93% and click on preview to see the changes.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you checked the path edit and cleanup tools in what you have. If they're there, they are located on a flyout toolbar connected to the node cursor tool (fourth tool down from the top). It uses a small arrow pointing to a node on a path for its icon. If it has a small black triangle on it that indicates more tools underneath it. They are some of the best path cleanup tools you will find. If they're not there you may have just a Level 1 version, in which case, I would look into upgrading your ProDesign (It is private label FlexiSign).

ProDesign is sold by one of our Merchant Members, Ordway Sign Supply. The feature comparison page for the three versions they offer is located HERE.

Stroker Ace

Thanks Fred -

It's ProDesign level 3 and I did get it from your Merchent Member - Ordway Sign. I'm a real newbie here so can you tell me exactly what the tool you're referring to is called and I'll see if I can find it in the manual. I'm afraid I don't know enough yet to be able to find it based on your directions. What's a flyout tool bar?

By the way, what form does the file need to be in to use the tool you're referring to -bitmap, vectorized ...? Thanks.

Mark

On the left side of your screen there is a vertical bar with several tools in it. Hover your mouse over each tool and a little box will appear and tell you what it is. You are looking for point selector tool. On my version it is second from bottom. If you click and hold on it, and drag to the right, a tool box will "fly out" with many more tool options. Pull up a vector graphic and practice with the tools to see what they all do.Make sure you're playing with a vector graphic, it doesn't work on bitmaps. Also fonts will need to be converted to curves to be able to manipulate points. If you have the manual, read it and learn what you can from it, but playing with the tools on a graphic is the best way to learn in my opinion.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
the point selector tool

Attachments

• prodesign.jpg
    prodesign.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 135