• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline Cut Problem

rgaskins

Hi all, I have been having a problem with cutting lately...When I type text with out line and do a contour cut (with holes) Flexi sometimes tries to cut around the inside of the outline...Most of the time it will just do small dots, its like there is some gap between the text and the outline...Hope I explained this right...Any help would be great! Thanks

Rick

Arstron

When I do an outline, first I always make sure "with backing" is selected (the solid red box, instead of red just around the edge). Then I separate the outline and then add the contour cut to only the outline. Hope this helps.

thewood

When I do an outline, first I always make sure "with backing" is selected (the solid red box, instead of red just around the edge). Then I separate the outline and then add the contour cut to only the outline. Hope this helps.

Exactly.:goodpost::goodpost:

Arstron

Not a problem. I also want to point out, when you are printing, its usually better to make the outline a little bigger then you want and then use a negative contour cut to get the size you want, so you have a little color bleed in case the plotter gets off. For example, if you want a 0.25" outline, create a 0.5" outline with a -0.25" contour cut. That will give you a .25" outline and if your plotter gets off a hair you wont have any white showing, unless its a white outline of course. :)