Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outline Cut Problem

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by rgaskins, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rgaskins

rgaskins Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Darlington SC
    Hi all, I have been having a problem with cutting lately...When I type text with out line and do a contour cut (with holes) Flexi sometimes tries to cut around the inside of the outline...Most of the time it will just do small dots, its like there is some gap between the text and the outline...Hope I explained this right...Any help would be great! Thanks

Rick

Tags:
  2. Arstron

Arstron Member

Oct 11, 2006
    When I do an outline, first I always make sure "with backing" is selected (the solid red box, instead of red just around the edge). Then I separate the outline and then add the contour cut to only the outline. Hope this helps.

3. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Exactly.:goodpost::goodpost:

4. rgaskins

rgaskins Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Darlington SC
    Perfect!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!!

Rick

5. Arstron

Arstron Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Not a problem. I also want to point out, when you are printing, its usually better to make the outline a little bigger then you want and then use a negative contour cut to get the size you want, so you have a little color bleed in case the plotter gets off. For example, if you want a 0.25" outline, create a 0.5" outline with a -0.25" contour cut. That will give you a .25" outline and if your plotter gets off a hair you wont have any white showing, unless its a white outline of course. :)