• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outline text gradient problem!!!

m.hafenbrack

I'm having problems when I print out. every time I print a text with a blk outline shadow I have a blk or white box around my text any one have a solution??:banghead::banghead: using versawork rip program, roland xc-540 printer

m.hafenbrack

I trying to print out a text with a drop shadow but every time I send to print I get a wht box around my text that is not in the file.

m.hafenbrack

Capture.JPG

Not sure if this helps... I've always worked with Adobe products for layout but...

When I had issues with boxes appearing around elements with drop shadows or other effects I found it was always over Pantone Spot colors... When I would change the the spot color to a CMYK color the box would go away.

c-leb

i also have only found gradient solutions within adobe products... often I have to go to select all, then go to object/expand. If that doesn't work go one step further and select all, then go to object/expand appearance... it'll prompt some options just click ok on the default... should work.

ProColorGraphics

Are the boxes spot colors? If they are, change them to a regular CMYK and it should fix it. When you put a shadow on top of a spot color, it messes it up and the area of the drop shadow, the box you see, is being converted to a regular cmyk instead of the spot. One of the downfalls of Versaworks. I guess the aftermarket RIPs fix this. I still use Versaworks, just work around it.

tanneji

a workaround that I have used with such issues ...

1. Export file from illy as an eps
2. Drag and drop into photoshop
3. Set import options (in box that shows up) as CMYK and we usually use 300 dpi
4. Save out as pdf

This usually works fine. We still cannot figure out the source but this workaround does it fine

Joel

javila

Rasterize the whole design at 125ppi/final dimensions export to jpg and remove your headaches.

Assuming you're using AI. You're not being very specific about your issue.