Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outline

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by WOODBS, Jun 28, 2011.

1. WOODBS

WOODBS Very Active Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I've done this before, just can't remember how. I kave put a gradient and bevel on text, when I mask it in flexi and then put an outline on it, there is gaps of white between the green letter and black outline...any help? thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Impact Image

Impact Image Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe duplicate it wit all black fill and a larger outline. Place it behind what you are cutting and it may fill it in. You still using the 300?

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Goto your Fill/Stroke Editor, click on the pencil then pick your style, it's there you can fill in the gap your getting.

4. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

when u outline select with backing then its solid not an outline so u shouldn't see white there
    shane

5. WOODBS

Jun 5, 2007
    thanks guys and yes still 300, access to 540

6. WOODBS

Jun 5, 2007
    not sure how to use pencil tool?

7. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    I do this all the time...

Put the outline on the text and separate it before you add the effects. Make sure the the resulting bitmap is transparent. That way the outline will sit behind the bitmap and any gaps on the edges will be filled in by the outline behind the text.