• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

outlook not sending emails

gabagoo

I have my sister now set up at home with her computer to do invoicing as she had surgery and needs to stay home for 6 weeks. We run outlook express on her computer and she can receive email but her outbox is not sending out any emails. She is not getting any warning pop ups either so it seems that she is connected properly to the server. I also made sure that there were no overly large attachments...so I was wondering what I could do to remedy this?

J Hill Designs

if you go into options - maintenance, it will show storage folder location - you can copy/paste into a 'my computer' window

joshGN

check in the storage folder that Sent.dbx isnt over 2gb

x2...

I had to go thru and make folders for inbox and sent mail, by years, b/c my dbx file would get to large.

also if you have too many addresses(contacts) it will freak out too....i believe 1000 is the max

J Hill Designs

crap I'm talking outlook express... but here -- if full outlook, I can do some google-fu...let me know

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 87

WildWestDesigns

Try this one if you are running the full version (but I was thinking you were running Express as well, but just in case). It's the same path that J Hill mentions to get to this one.

Attachments

• Outlook.PNG
    Outlook.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 91

gabagoo

mine looks like this.... I see no maintenance......

Attachments

• outlook.jpg
    outlook.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 94

gabagoo

I basically had her delete everything in the deleted files and everything not needed in the inbox and sent box....still receives mail but nothing leaves. I thought maybe there was something too large bottlenecking the send procedure but she says they are all small files...so I have to go over there and see what else I can do to get them to send. Thanks for your help so far I will see tomorrow morning if any of these options work.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Did the mail host change their server address? (where Outlook is pointing to for the outgoing mail server)

webguru

Port Settings

Make sure you manually configure Outlook with the proper port settings. In your hosting account cpanel you click on mail, then find where your settings are listed. It should look similar to this:

Manual Settings

Incoming Mail Server: mail.YOURSITE.com
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) host777.YOURHOST..com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.YOURSITE.com (server requires authentication) port 26
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) host777.YOURHOST.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 127
I think the best answer is to stop using Outlook. You will continue to have problems. One computer in this office uses Outlook, the Bosses. We have trouble every week. No problems with Thunderbird, Mac mail or even Webmail. I know that does not solve your immediate problem. May I suggest you begin by using your webmail portal to first confirm that you can indeed send & receive. once you are confident that you can send & receive via webmail you can relax and explore your email client options. Hope that helps.

OADesign

Make sure you manually configure Outlook with the proper port settings. In your hosting account cpanel you click on mail, then find where your settings are listed. It should look similar to this:

Manual Settings

Incoming Mail Server: mail.YOURSITE.com
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) host777.YOURHOST..com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.YOURSITE.com (server requires authentication) port 26
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) host777.YOURHOST.com (server requires authentication) port 465
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

^^ What he said...

OP, You didn't mention all the details. But I will assume Outlook Express was already on the computer working fine, for some personal email? Then you added another business email account do do the invoicing?

If you feel like getting a bit more technical, I would ask you internet service provider for the proper port settings and protocols. Some ISPs block the default mail ports as a security measure.