Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outside magenta channels waking up dirty...

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ironchef, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Every morning the first thing i do after power up is run a test print. And i get this.(pic) i then have to run a normal cleaning and it fixes it. I've had capping station and pump replaced already... anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    You checked to see if the head is sealing tight? I guessing on the JV33 that would be an ink pull from below the cap.

3. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    That's why they changed out the capping station and pump. Overnight is not making a good seal i guess. After new cap and pump and its still messing up

4. Tekkie1

Tekkie1 Tekkie of Many Things

Apr 27, 2012
    Australia
    Which Ink cartridge is active(green light on?)try pulling that cartridge out slightly so that the other cartridge takes over and see if you have the same issue.Dont pull it fully out just enough for it to swicth to the other otherwise u may get air inside the tubes
    Cartridge valves are known to not open fully on these units sometimes.:cool:

5. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Tekkie. Your the man.... i didn't take the cartridge out. But i noticed that last week. I've been having great test prints in the morning and all day. I thought the cap and pump swap fixed it. Maybe just took a while. But putting the pieces together. My magenta ran out and switched over to the next cartridge and that's when i started getting good test prints. How can i fix that? Or should i say how could my rep fix it. I'm still under warranty.