• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outside wrap

Dave Stacey

I've got 4 trucks that are 8ft x 26ft with rivets. I'm told by the warehouse manager these can't be moved away from the loading docks that are outside.
Colder weather will be an issue.
We did a truck in the summer & turned it around in the shade & it turned out okay. I was going to quote using Oracle 3951.
Should this only be done inside? Should I pass on this?

Thanks Dave

Mikeifg

As long as it's at least 60 degrees U.S. msmts i would do it only thing is it will get colder as the day goes on.

Charlie J

Pass...

As the weather gets colder, the vinyl will become more brittle and harder to install. You'll find yourself fighting the install as you get further along.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Besides the cold conditions and post heating, I'm always leery of contamination, like bugs landing, fine dust or wind taking off with the vinyl. You'd be Okay only doing die-cut vinyl, but wraps pieces.... I think you should keep your conditions professional and talk them into moving them inside or let someone who doesn't care about quality control do it.

the graphics co

Storage facilities and empty warehouses will often lease out space for a few days or a month at a time. might cost $100 for a spot in a storage facility for a month but i am sure you can add that cost into the job, or just eat it if you have 4 trucks.

CanuckSigns

One of our clients is a large truck mechanic, if we have something to wrap that won't fit in our shop, we take it to him and give him $50 for the day, he's happy, we're happy, everyone's happy!

qmr55

If they can't be moved, then they can't be moved. Either you're going to quote the job higher for not so great conditions or someone else is gonna get the job. I would go for it but quote it accordingly because you know it's not going to be as easy as a normal install. If they are willing to pay, then there shouldn't be any problems. If they don't want to pay, someone else can do it for cheaper. Bottom line is, I wouldn't do it for cheap...make sure they pay for it if you're going to be doing it in these conditions. Especially in Canada I know it gets cold up those ways!

formanek

I have been wrapping semi trailers (40 so far) in a building that doesn't have great control over heat/cold. It is the customers building. The biggest issue I have is when temps fluctuate the rivets, etc... have a tendency to develop moisture on them. Also issues with refrigerator trailers having seepage from the inside of the trailers out to the warmer weather. Make sure you cut each seam and rivet to allow them to weep. Also have the customer sign a contract that you have DETAILED the install conditions and temperatures. :thumb: