• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outsource all my printing...Even if its out of town?

Stevealex

Hi, I am faced with a problem in starting my sign business. I cant yet afford a printer and I am left with outsourcing the printing to another company. Real problem lies in the fact that no local print shops use large format solvent printers, only inkjet printers. The nearest shop would be about 50 miles away. Is it feasable for things to operate smoothly when outsourcing your jobs from that distance. Advice is appreciated. Thank you

CES020

Very feasible. Some of the merchant members on here are outstanding and very fast and probably more than 50 miles away.

300mphGraphics

Contact cdiesel at AZPro in Avondale who is a Merchant Member here and your printing problems are solved! They did all my printing before I was able to purchase my printer and they still do some for me. Great people!

W

wetgravy

If you outsource your printing I almost recommend getting it done out of town. Too many cases of client poaching if you do it locally (they start out not printing for the public but will call your customers asking if they want their jobs re-printed since they have the art)

That being said, merchant members are the bees knees. When I eventually get some jobs that require solvent printing I will use them.

And I lived in a town where the nearest solvent printer was almost 200 miles away ... still had my prints done about 4000 miles away from a wholesale printer that I trusted.

Stevealex

Cool thx guys. funny you should mention az pro. They are really cool guys actually I shadowed a couple of there guys for a couple of days a few weeks back to learn more about wraps. really nice shop. I will probably go through them. I agree with bill though, sometimes theres a today or tomorrow involved and its hard to meet those deadlines. i guess thats just one of the downsides of not having my own printer though.

klemgraphics

Sure, as long as your shop doesn't have Fast, Instant, Tomorrow or Today in the name.
Are there really customers out there that don't require this?:ROFLMAO: I guess I do have a few that give me a couple of days.

Seriously though I am totally comfortable with outsourcing anything that is bigger than my baby mutoh can handle. And the few close by that could handle the printing...will never get the chance to.

CentralSigns

I outsourced all my printing for several years. It can work, my printer was 6 hours away, 48 hour turn around on a rush job, a week for the usual job. It can work, shipping was a bit ch though, $20 per job. Had to put jobs together to make it work. You get real good at getting it right the first time, costs too much for a mistake. Plus you have to plan your work flow well, no room for application errors. It seems a lot at first but after a few months it gets together and by a year you'll be a pro. In some ways glad I got past that and bought. Much easier. Good Luck !!