• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outsource Illuminated Cabinet Sign

signD

I'm looking for a reliable company to outsource illuminated sign cabinet requests to. Reasonable price, quality work - any suggestions?

this has been discussed many times. i would recommend doing a search of old topics so that you can get teh feedback of various companies. i have had great success with the company signcabinets.

GB2

Old Member
I just looked for Milliken in the Merchant Member Directory but did not see them...am I missing something?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just looked for Milliken in the Merchant Member Directory but did not see them...am I missing something?

They're listed in the old MM Directory under Sign Equipment and Supply Manufacturers and Distributors. They haven't yet listed themselves in the new directory.

ABC Signman

I'm looking for a reliable company to outsource illuminated sign cabinet requests to. Reasonable price, quality work - any suggestions?

ABC Sign Products has been in the wholesale electric sign mfg. business since 1985. We can help you with any project. We have two mfg. facillites. One on the East coast, Florida. And one in Colorado. Please visit our website, www.abcsignproducts.com, or call me with requests for quotes.

Regards,
Mike
866-593-9189

Last edited by a moderator:

GB2

Old Member
Mike, I also did not see you in the new merchant directory, apparently you have to list yourself there. Also, you have limited contact information as I would have liked to be directed to your website or something more, maybe you should enhance that a little. Thannks!

ABC Signman

Mike, I also did not see you in the new merchant directory, apparently you have to list yourself there. Also, you have limited contact information as I would have liked to be directed to your website or something more, maybe you should enhance that a little. Thannks!

Gary, I just reentered my information in the merchant member section. Hopefully, it will magically appear. I will be checking it to make sure it is there. In the meantime, you can call me on the toll free number I provided you. We have full product catalogs that we send out to prospective customers free of charge. Well worth the phone call.

Regards,
Mike

another GREAT source is McGill. Their web site is mcgillextrusions.com

or call 800-651-1727 ASK FOR MIKE and tell him Jerry from United Wholesale Signs referred you!!!!

signgal

i gotta silly question... If I'm all the way in Florida and need a big cabinet to be post mounted, won't the shipping from some of these places kill me?!

I'm working on an estimate right now for a cabinet with a LED panel and the first obstacle is there are hardly any companies in Florida still doing cabinets (so no competition), then you've got the LED panel... Idk it's tough. I'll call Milliken like I have for the last few quotes though.

This is a great site with super members! Thanks for all you do!

myself i always recommend that you try to find a somewhat local company that you can work with...it is my opinion that one of the main things that separates the great sign companies from the rest is the ability to troubleshoot and it is not necessarily harder to solve the various issues that arise with a non local vendor..it simply takes more time (shipping, time zone differences, etc).

but as far as shipping goes. if you are pricing your product correctly there should be plenty of profit. i have the skillset to manufacture my own cabinets. the last illuminated project that i did was shipped from the west coast to alabama and for the price that the manufacturing company charged (including shipping) it was a no brainer (the final invoice was roughly 15% more than my cost of materials would have been if i was to manufacture them myself).

i would get prices from a couple vendors and see where the cards fall. an alternative would be to have them make you a kit and you assemble the precut pieces and buy the face(s) locally versus shipping a large fully assembled sign if shipping is outrageously expensive.

Interesting.

Sign A Rama and Fast Signs are know for doing plenty of illegal work that gets them in trouble. Their HQ's promote a lot of work their franchisee's can't do on their websites and in promotional deals.

Good for you, it's a rare thing for a franchise shop to be a licensed electrical sign contractor. I know a few in Florida who are, didn't know a Kissimme FL shop was.

signgal

you misquoted... I said we use a licensed contractor, not that we are. We are one of the only companies in this damn town who does do things by the book and I don't appreciate your insinuation. I'm not crazy about being associated with this franchise believe me, but we were sucked in like many others and are trying to be respectable sign people and make the best of a situation.

Oh you are right, thats what I get for trying to decipher from a iphone screen.

But that in itself is illegal unless you are just a salesperson for that licensed contractor and not executing a contract under Sign A Rama then sub-contracting them out for the install. This is what gets these franchises into trouble. Only a contractor can "subcontract", don't get caught.

But I hear you on the franchise thing, but they do have a good business model. Most shops use the franchise then go off to their own.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Signgal - I've used Milliken here in Florida and have only good things to say about them. Can personally recommend and truck ship isn't bad.