• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Outsource printign contour cutting myself

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't see why you can't do what you want, but will you want the printed media laminated first ??

401Graphics

why not just have it contour cut from your wholesaler? I dont charge for contour cutting to neither wholesale customers or regular customers.

EmpireGFX.com

I'm not sure how your printer software works but with our graphtec it sends a separate cut file when it sends the print file. I'm not sure how your plotter would read the registration marks without that cut file.

omgsideburns

You're asking for trouble. Unless you set the crop marks and cut them and make sure it's all properly set up, you'll end up screwing something up. Not being negative.. I just know how the graphtecs work. I have several and sometimes I want to punch them.

Pat Whatley

One thing to remember is that you're going to have to add extra material on all four sides to be able to run it through the plotter. I don't know who you're subbing to but all three of mine charge me by the square foot whether printed or not. On a 3' x 4' print adding a foot to each side adds 65% more square footage and 65% more cost.

Bill Modzel

I don't see any problem at all with this. If you're using Graphtec's CuttingMaster to set the registration marks any printer will print them. Like said above, just make sure that there's space between the registration marks and the edge of the vinyl so the clamps have room to set outside the cut area.

thmooch

FYI, depending on the length of the run I would suggest putting a bleed on the print. also, if manufacturing small complex shaped decals keep the run length to a minimum to help with cut registration. Trust me, even with "restrict media movement" clicked over a long run the cuts will start to vary.

Patentagosse

Tell us why you don't let your outsource printer handle the whole job instead of messing with that? They will print - laminate - cut the whole job and if something went wrong during the process, THEY will take it on 'em...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Tell us why you don't let your outsource printer handle the whole job instead of messing with that? They will print - laminate - cut the whole job and if something went wrong during the process, THEY will take it on 'em...

Exactly so. You're asking for a Chinese fire drill of massive proportions if you proceed with your plans.

OrderPrintShip

1,000,000 Stickers depending on the size is a massive job, if the stickers are all the same I would suggest doing them via offset printing. Plenty of offset printing companies can die cut. It would be much more cost effective trust me on this.