• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

oval shaped magnets

jrsc

We also have a laser that we use. Works great. We have the laser for another part of our business so its nice to be able to use it for the few odd shape magnet orders we get. Wouldn't be worth buying one just for cutting magnets but if you found a local place that had one you could probably get them to cut them pretty cheap.

iSign

Apparently the gerber magnetic does have the strength for vehicle use...or so they told me many years ago...

Gerber makes 2 edge-ready magnetic materials. The thinner I believe is called "Gerber-mag" and not suggested for automotive use... the thicker, called "auto-mag" is the one they suggest...

I never bother cutting on my envision though... too much trouble for me... would rather sell enough to sub out, or just turn down the job...

jfiscus

Rap Master
dies themselves are relatively cheap ($25-$40 usually) themselves, however what you are pressing the die with can get pricey & you have to make a mount for the dies for this machine also to accept the dies from your manufacturer. We used a press in the body shop with a die with a custom mount at the old shop for round magnets. It was a PITA in my opinion, but it did work.

thanks everyone for the info and tips. i know gerber do mag material, but i heard its alittle expensive for what it is etc. sounds like a cheap plotter and cutting blanks then applying is what to do.
thanks again, much appreciated guys!

quintana711

want to cut digimag .30 on graphtec

I dont remember where, but I heard that you could put transfer tape on the magnetic side and cut it like regular vinyl. Dont know if anybody has also heard this or even been brave enough to try it. I am seriously thinking about it. Let me know what you guys think

timkaz227

Die Cut Magnets

1. Won't the Magnet adhere to the plotter?
  2. A quick search yielded 4 x 6 ovals 100-$.93/ea, 500-$.54/ea. US, MagnetKing.com