Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

over size alumalite

Discussion in 'Materials' started by signgal01, Dec 7, 2010.

1. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    does anybody have a source for alumalite over 5'x10'? Do they even make it bigger?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    i believe 5x10 is largest avail.

3. andy

andy Active Member

Aug 19, 2004
    The biggest we can get is a 4m x 2m sheet.

Colour choice is limited to White and you have to order it well in advance.

4. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    Hey Andy, you'll have to excuse us un-metric Americans, but a 4m x 2m would be close to a 6' x 12' correct? I wonder who you get them from and if we can get them in the states?

5. seesaw signs

seesaw signs Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Australia
    We use Dibond brand (Alcan Composite) 4050x2050mm sheets here; can get them in 4, 5 & 6mm thicknesses I believe. You may also be able to get the sheets in Alucobond (Alcan) as well. Both are European made products and really good quality. Our main shop sign is made of 2 sheets side by side, measuring 8000x2000mm on an ally frame which we put together in the shop and lifted with a small crane into place.
    Be careful though, they are really big sheets to handle - you need to make sure you have plenty of room to applicate from both sides, and plenty of hands to install them.
    Cheers,
    Neil.