Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over Spray issues

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Patrick's Sign Compa, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Patrick's Sign Compa

Patrick's Sign Compa Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hello
    I'm having an over spray issue with my SC-545EX Print and Cut machine.
    I did a cleaning then a head cleaning and the issue is still there. So then I cleaned the encoder strip and did an environmental match and still had the issue. I then did a powerful clean on all heads and is had problems. Attached is a picture of the print with the over spray problem and a few test prints I did off the front of the machine.
    I hope I don't have a head going out!!!
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    Kevin

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Your black head is badly scratched, and is the head height set to HIGH...lower the height.

3. Patrick's Sign Compa

Dec 24, 2009

I have the head height at medium on the printer. Do I need to adjust it on the front of the printer in the Menu?

4. It is that your black head has got many of the nozzles clogged and a a result the black ink is deflecting when it comes out of the nozzles. This then creates and overspray look to the print.

Options, do a maximum head clean, which may help the situation, but I suspect the clogging is too bad. The other option is to change the head, which is what I had to do as I could not clean up my head enough to give prints I was satisfied with.

The head change could cost you as much as $1200 for a tech to come and fit it. If you do go the DIY route, remember to set the correct voltage for the new head. (it is a long string of characters normally on the box).

Hop this is of some help.

Neil

5. Patrick's Sign Compa

Dec 24, 2009

Thanks