• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Over spray look in my prints

trenchbrothers

I am having issues with my black having an "over spray" look when I print. I tried manual cleaning the heads and am not sure what else to do. I am printing on oracal printable vinyl and printing with a Soljet XJ-540

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2704.jpg
    IMG_2704.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,824

Ragnabrok

looks mostly cyan, and running only in one direction, is it printing bi-directional? does it go away if printing uni-directional?
how does a nozzle check look? (test print button on the printer)
it's hard to tell if it's head alignment, or encoder strip causing the non-overspray edge to be fuzzy at points.

trenchbrothers

The first test print was rough. I cleaned the heads and then printed a second one and it was better there. I currently have it set on a unidirectional print. I havent changed anything in the settings as far as that. Does it need to be bi directional?

trenchbrothers

attachment.php
this was the test print before manually cleaning the heads

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 462

kffernandez

it seems like your light cyan is the culprit. probably an electrical problem. look how uneven the whole test print looks.
chances are, you will need to replace it.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I would do a head soak on black and light cyan and syringe the hell out of them, before you replace anything.

WalkerP

All replies sound valid to me. You maybe could slow the head speed down to reduce that overspray if you need to get the job out in a pinch. Go uni and slower head speed. Might give a cleaner print.

Dionysus

Hey

I am having issues with my black having an "over spray" look when I print. I tried manual cleaning the heads and am not sure what else to do. I am printing on oracal printable vinyl and printing with a Soljet XJ-540

attachment.php

Your looking at the Black? LOL, Your cyan head is shot (might be lt cyan). Check under carriage for any hairs that might be there is clean, change the sponge next to the wiper assy. change caps if they havent been changed in a year, if it doesnt come around your in need of heads. Dont run expired ink and take carts out to shake now and then.

GP_Oz

Looks like the lightcyan head is bananas,

without booting in SM
Print out the full bidi test plot and look at the lightcyan plot in both dot types.

You may find its all over the shop and not even remotely close to something you can use to do alignment.
The Black has some misdirection issues and is oversparying...but that lightcyan looks cooked

ams

It's misaligned. I had a tech realign mine and it worked perfectly again.
The only other problem could be bent nozzles.

goodfella

We are having the same issue

Can someone one suggest what to do?

The print head test seems fine but when we do the advance calibration test it obvious light cyan is off. Now my tech suggested doing alignment. But i was not sure what that was so i disassembled the print head and reinstalled it. Still having the exact same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_4424.jpg
    IMG_4424.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 388

GP_Oz

I cant really see the lc from the pic, but the nozzel test does look better

Does the lc do a nice usable vertical plot for alignment ? Or is it more like lc sprayed everywhere ?

splizaat

Have you done the unidirectional and bi directional calibrations? Did it help?

Also, what happens if you rotate the image 90 degrees? Does this happen to all art?

player

Can someone one suggest what to do?

The print head test seems fine but when we do the advance calibration test it obvious light cyan is off. Now my tech suggested doing alignment. But i was not sure what that was so i disassembled the print head and reinstalled it. Still having the exact same issue.

Your heads have a ton of deflections and a number of missing nozzles. In all the colours. Until the tests print perfectly or close to perfectly, I don't see how you can expect really sharp prints...

splizaat

There's no doubt his heads are in bad bad shape, but The black to me looks worse than the cyan head in terms of deflection? And even then, the prints he's showing photos of seem way worse than what I would think that test print would cause...thats whY i think there's static and alignment also an issue? No?

GP_Oz

Boot the thing up in service mode and do your test print from there, it will give you a better idea of what is going on with the heads as it will do a test pattern for large and fine dot.

As an example ill attach a pic from a different printer.

The normal test pattern looks fine no missing nozzles, test pattern looks good - but prints like crap, banding and overspray. The nature of the printer its kinda hard to see electrical issues until we ask it to do different things.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bananas.jpg
    bananas.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,091