Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overall Height 13' 6''!!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by rjpjr, Feb 14, 2013.

1. rjpjr

rjpjr Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've spent way too much internet time trying to find information on barricades or barriers that restrict truck traffic from certain warehouse parking lots...the big yellow arch types...

We have a customer asking for an OVERALL HEIGHT decal and I just need to know how thick the barrier poles are. Anyone here know any specifics of these barriers or can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    you cant ask the people requesting the decal?

3. rjpjr

rjpjr Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    yes, yes I could, but I would rather educate myself so that I am better prepared if the situation arises again.

4. Are you talking a clearance Bars? They will vary in size, there isnt really a standard that i know of.

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    never saw a "standard" set up they vary widely

6. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Typically, the wider and/or higher the bar is, the larger the pipe is. Aesthetically it just looks better.

This is where superimposition comes into play. Take a photo of the location the clearance bar will be. Superimpose various dimensions of the clearance bar scaled to size. Normal clearance bar dimensions (using PVC pipe) is 4", 6", 8", 10" or 12". Show the artwork to the customer and let them pick.