Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overlaminate recommendation

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Tuanny, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Tuanny

Tuanny New Member

Jun 18, 2020
    CA
    Hello doing wall murals and got a roll of the avery mpi 2611 what are some recommendations for the laminates that would work well with it? Also if i go with something like fabric like Phototex or GF 234 Graphi-Tex would i still need to spray laminate on it. Printing with an epson 60600 and was doing some scratch test on the avery 2611 and i can see micro scratches when using the squeegee.

Thanks!

2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    What does the manufacturer suggest ?? Not the distributor, but the manufacturer.

3. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    For anything we print going on a wall that a client requests laminated, we go overboard and use cast matte lam. I personally don't trust a calendared lam for a wall for long term. Short term...not so bad then.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Personally have never laminated a wall mural. If you're scratching during install then change squeegees, or your installer. And figure out why your ink isn't curing adequately.

5. a77

a77 Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Canada
    Epson inks scratch really easily.

6. KatePhillips

KatePhillips Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Halifax NS
    2611? For a mural, we haven't laminated and found it fine (running a Roland). However, with contour cut letters or images we found it lacking (even after offgassing) and moved to a different cal/lam combo. 2611 is already so thick that it's a breeze to install without lam.

However, if you're going to laminate it, why not an Avery matte lam to match?

7. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ