• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overlaminate with plastic release liner = slack

pixel_pusher

I'm having a problem with MacTac ColorGard laminate, and its clear PET release liner. It webs onto my RS laminator just fine, but the liner never stays tightly wound on the take up reel. With longer lamination jobs, the liner builds up enough slack to actually be pulled between the rollers, thus ruining the job. Paper liners have never given me this problem, but with this stuff, I have to manually tighten the take up slack frequently enough to sometimes cause the film to wrinkle.

Any tips for me?

Graphics.Atl

Just a thought, is the roller (or the roll on the roller) that collects the release liner slipping? Is there a tension adjustment for that roller? It would make sense that if there is more resistance removing the plastic liner it would amplify any problems. What type of laminator are you using?

32bantum

I could be wrong but.....I smell a daige laminator:frustrated:

Ok I ws wrong. I see it's a RS. Sounds like the take up is slipping.

Yes. Sounds like the roll that your release is being taken up is slipping. Or... I suppose it is possible that the release is slipping around the take-up... How do you attach the release to the take-up?

I have also found that with some lams you need to increase the tension on the lam itself... sounds weird, but sometimes it works -- you will see the point where the release pulls away from the lam move back towards the roll are you put more tension on the lam.