• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overlaminates?

the108thcreep

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a plotter cuttable overlaminate that can be applied over top of a Sign Gold type material being used for vehicle graphics. Someone recommended Avery SPF 1000 8MIL PPF/ CLEAR BRA to me but their specs. say to wet apply only and it concerns me that application fluid could potentially be trapped underneath. Not much experience covering graphics this way and just want to get the best results. I'm looking to do something similar to the pic. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ex1.jpg
    Ex1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 246

jfiscus

Rap Master
3M 8519 is what we have used for 15+ years for this type of application. We have done a LOT of firetrucks this way, but it all started because some materials require it. A lot of modern materials (Real Gold for example) do not require this type of 1/8" border laminate.

I also use 3M, but I use the 8518 which is the gloss. Either one should work well. Are you matching the graphics that are in that photo? If so, that is not Sign Gold, that is hand laid vinyl encapsulated gold and white gold.