Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overlap and Cutting Out- Please Help

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Speedsterbeast, May 10, 2010.

1. Speedsterbeast

Speedsterbeast Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Thunder Bay
    I am looking for help on how to overlap an image and cut out the back layer using the lines of the front layer (I hope that is clear) I did some searching and found an older post called overlaps and cutouts. This what I am referring to. I am using Sign Warehouse LXI Master Plus 8.5. I played around with the layering tools, but could not figure it out. I would like to know what tool(s) help me with this.

Please know that I try to solve challenges myself, and do a search on old posts before asking. I am stuck.

Cheers.

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Do you mean outlines? We use LignLab, this is done prety simply in there if this is what you are trying.

3. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    a clipping path? it kind of sounds like that might be what you are trying to do. go to www.bing.com type in clipping path and then select images. there are some samples of clipping paths there. see if that is what you are trying to do. once we figure out if it is or not, we might be able to help.

4. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    perf cutting?

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    choke/spread?