• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overlap

Bradster941

Not sure how to do this but when doing a trailer, I always start at the back with my vertical panels and work forward so the overlap doesn’t catch wind, etc., but I can’t figure out how to set up my panels so that the printed overlap is on the left side of panel #2 so that it lines up with panel #1 when I install it next to, and over(lap) panel #1, and vise versa, (overlap printed on right side of panel #2), when doing the other side of the trailer.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
The only thing I can find in the Flexi manual is;
<o:p></o:p>
Specifying Overlap Between Tiles<o:p></o:p>
You can specify the amount of overlap<o:p></o:p>
between rows and columns. By<o:p></o:p>
overlapping, you can eliminate any gaps<o:p></o:p>
between the tiles when assembling the<o:p></o:p>
final output. Overlap is measured as the<o:p></o:p>
total amount two rows or columns<o:p></o:p>
overlap.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,
Brad.

Attachments

• overlap.jpg
    overlap.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 180

Velocity

in the bottom left of your screen you can set the "Overlap" size. Image is kind of fuzzy but it looks right.

Woops didnt finish reading. invert your image.(Flip it upside down)

Grin, im not sitting at my system so I cant look but it makes sense to me in a strange way. LOL

Bradster941

in the bottom left of your screen you can set the "Overlap" size. Image is kind of fuzzy but it looks right.

Woops didnt finish reading. invert your image.(Flip it upside down)

Grin, im not sitting at my system so I cant look but it makes sense to me in a strange way. LOL

Hmmm, that might work, but was hoping I could adjust the overlap from left to right to right to left.

Am I the only one that starts at the back of the trailer so the overlap is always front to back?

Any other ideas?

Thanks Velocity for your reply.

Brad.

GARY CULY

nope think everyone panels from back to front ..when doing the other side just flip the image over and repanel it ..you might look at the atomatic tile flip option also this way the print heads always run the right way laying down the ink .if you dont the when you line up the panels the colors where they meet will be off a bit [something to do with the heads laying down the ink in a certain order ,] need to read the manual ask rep about it .he probly has the technical way to explain it
ive made some small ones before doing the large ones and it shows if you dont "tile flip them"
im no professor but im just tellin ya what i know

Bradster941

Bingo, and thanks guys.

That works.

I just need to remember which way to print depending on which side I'm doing.

Looks like right side up when printing will result in the prints for the left side. Flipping it upside down will be for the right side...

Thanks again for the help.

Brad..

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since the overlap region is printed on both panels this would seem to be a non-issue.

Given two panels, A and B with, say, 1/2" overlap, panel A can overlap panel B and/or panel B can overlap panel A, depending on your prejudices. The 1/2" overlap region is the same image on both panels, so either panel will overlap the other.