• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overlapping tiles...

Tony Rome

I am using Versaworks and I am doing a personal project.
I am making some canvas wall art where it is one picture split into 4 different frames.
I want the pictures to be continuous so I know in VW I can overlap, but that overlaps all pieces except the far left corner (beginning) and the end piece.

So, what is the best way to do this, should I just slice it in Photoshop?

Thanks.

Here is what I am trying to do...
http://luxhomedecor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Canvas-wall-art1.jpg

Custom_Grafx

I would do it in Illustrator.

Artboard size = finished size
Bleed = how much bleed you need
Create 3 artboards, butted up, artboard border to artboard border.
Generate a PDF with document bleeds.

Alternative approach;
Make 3 copies of the entire image.
Use clipping masks.

MikePro

tile overlaps are only created by content that exists...
enlarge your canvas to include the outer-perimeter returns of your frame in your dimensions.

can be done in your rip.
just enlarge your original image and set the first/last tiles to the return dimension(thickness) of your frame/canvas....but don't print them.
tiles 2,3, and 4 are your prints with overlap setting to the depth of your returns.

MikePro

Doesn't your rip let you take a single image and tile it with bleeds? I know Onyx does.

i think that's what he's doing, but forgets that the outer perimeter of his original image will not generate a tile overlap that he wants to wrap around the sides.
that's why he's gotta setup by treating the outer returns of his canvas/frame as a tile.
For example:

attachment.php

...and only print the 3 tiles in the center of this layout. they will be printed with the bleed you're looking for. (assuming you're looking for a 2" wrap-around.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 8.27.21 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 8.27.21 AM.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 144

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Dont forget with the wrap in that pic above, you likely need 2 inches to BOTH sides. I know VW can do that pretty easily.