• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized 13 oz pole pocket banner finishing/shipping

Good morning,

We have a Tradeshow account requesting many banners 8x20, 8x30 and 8x40 that will be hanging from a ceiling indoors and outdoors 10 ft down with airline cable and hooks. The client is requesting that the banners should be rolled for shipping. This is where we need advice:

-What type of poles do you recommend for this? I’m assuming 8-10 ft pieces but they mentioned “eye screws” to join them together.
-Should the pockets be made on site or before? They don’t want the banners with creases.
-Should we heat seal, stitch, or pole banner tape the pockets?
-How would you roll these up if they have pockets for shipping without creasing them vertically?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

visual800

pvc pipe thick walled for pipe. Another customer requesting the magical unicorn. Unless your able to drag a large format printer on site and then a sewing machine they are going to have to deal with a few creases. These creases will fall out in time OR you could place banners outside in sun let them heat up would be good in helping them stretch out.

Pockets can be made when banner is printed

If you have to sub this out to a printer its going to have to be shipped and it can be rolled. Sign2trade is who I deal with you may want to also consider fabric, very lightweight

kcollinsdesign

Old member
7 oz. material used in billboard faces is available (and cheap). Also you can easily engineer tubes with stretch cord inside (put a caribiner at each end) that will allow you to have 2 section poles which will UPS. No tools needed, and allowed in all union convention sites. You'll still need the union guys to set up your cables from the ceiling, which you then can clip to the carabiners. Works with pole pockets or grommets and cable ties.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
...you can also place chain in your bottom pole pocket if needed (those convention halls can be pretty drafty). Putting a pole in there is dangerous!