• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized Backlit Display

essvor

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english, it isn't my native language, and I don't really know signmakers' english terminology.
Secondly I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with oversized backlit displays.
We have a frame, which has LED lights in it. The laminated signs are mounted on plexiglass. The problem is, we couldn't get plexiglass in the needed length, so in the end we had to slice the display up to 2 parts.
We are kinda new in the signmaking business, so it caused some headache to us, right now the 2 parts are fixed together by a 3rd "joint" part of the media. This keeps it together without any "light line", but as expected, that part is now much darker.

So basically, we'd be thankful if anyone could help us, if there's any trick to this.
Please check out the attached image!

leddisplay.jpg

essvor

We are using clear plexiglass with digitally printed mactac vinyl.
Probably you're right, the clear vinyl should be the best solution for this.
(We had some problems with the frame. The 2 parts are off by half a centimeter, so in the end we can't use your solution, but next time we'll use this method. :) )
Thanks for your reply!