• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oversized banner source with Glow In The Dark ink?

TimToad

This potential customer called today looking for a 20'x25' banner for his band that has a black background and glow in the dark ink or paint for the graphics. The text is clean and could be filled in with paint, but the skull image looks like it would have to somehow be printed.

Does anybody even print with glow in the dark ink?

On that large of a substrate?

Attachments

• bronx_v_backdrop_smallpsd.jpg
    bronx_v_backdrop_smallpsd.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 195

TimToad

What size rolls does it come in? I just don't see how this guy is going to get that skull image done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure about the stuff being sold today, but before, this stuff had to be in almost direct sunlight to re-charge the luminescent molecules to last for 8 or 10 hours. Also, it was very thick and might not be conducive to rolling up on a banner. Might be better off using the right ink patters and putting black lights on it.

Either that or print it on translucent vinyl and put mood lights in back of it and have an eerie effect.

Some things are just easier to say...... wha.....?? whaddaya wanna do ??​

TimToad

I think the dude is on a fishing expedition and has no idea of what is available or possible. With all those midtones and gradients, the skull graphic just has to be printed, it couldn't be cut from anything and look realistic.

I usually give customers like this a few minutes of research into what's possible and then give them the bad news that their crazy idea isn't possible without way more time and money invested.