• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray/Double Lines - Seiko 64S

LSSigns

Hi all,

I am having a real problem with my Seiko Colorpainter 64S.

I know I have a problem with either my cyan or my light cyan head (severe overspray), and now I think I may have something wrong with the black. It is printing a double line on everything.

I have done all of the head adj/i-pos R, i-pos L, etc. adjustments, and I've recently put a large humidifier in my printer room to help with static (as was suggested on this board a few days ago).

Does anyone else have any idea what could be causing a double line with my black? All of my prints are coming out horrible and I have some jobs I need to get out the door.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!! :thankyou:

LSSigns

Pix

Here are a couple pictures that best illustrate what i'm dealing with. Thanks!

Attachments

• dbl black 2.jpg
    dbl black 2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 76

LSSigns

I am having a bit of a problem uploading my other pics, something about a missing "security token"...hopefully that one helps a little?

LSSigns

i'd say your bidirectional alignment is out of whack re: double black lines

That's what I thought too. I thought by working with the 4 adjustments that I did (head adj, i-pos, etc etc) that would be fixed. Maybe I am not making the right adjustments??

CS-SignSupply

Have you cleaned the encoder strip? Not a Seiko tech here. Bi-di would be another potential. Do you have a sample of the units Nozzle test print?

LSSigns

well, using jhill's idea about the bidirectional printing, i went ahead and printed them using the "outward" command rather than "bidirectional." It most DEFINITELY cleaned up my printing. I would still like to figure out how to get it bidirectionally aligned, but this will work for now! THANKS SO MUCH!

LSSigns

im not sure exactly how to clean the encoder strip...the nozzle check came out looking fine (except for the light cyan, which i know has a serious problem)

Quix

I had exactly the same problem with an HP900s (similar to yours)
The problem resided on the input voltage of the printer. When you change the PH voltage, all bidir. adjustments also change.
Also, an overspray (if you haven't change the ink type) means a low voltage on the printhead.
If your input voltage (you can test it from the outlet where your printer is connected) is low, or uneven, the printhead´s voltage changes accordingly; and you might think it's a misadjustment.
Do you have a good voltage regulator installed?
Connecting it to 220V (instead of 120V - check your manual first) should also work.