• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray due to static

G.Malcoff

I'm having problems with static overspray on my mimaki UJF-605IIC. (mostly with white ink , double or triple coverage) I put a static neutralizing bar on the unit a few months ago and that seemed to help. But still having problems with certian materials.(polycarbonate, flooded polyester,etc.) I found a company called staticure(www.staticure.com). I was wondering if anyone has used them and what results you may have come away with.

MikeD

Stop Static also helped us with different applications. Here's one of their products that may help you.
Part# ELAS ELAS-10- (10Meters) ~$110.00 US.
This will stretch to 70'

thewood

Gold Christmas garland works wonders for static, just drape along your machine

I am having some serious static problems on certain media in the JV33. A tech suggested using anti-static tinsel. It looks very similar to Christmas garland. Where are you attaching the garland, Chicago?

ironchef

Quick question guys. I got shocked by my cjv30 the other day. Is that normal? It wasn't that bad, do i have a static problem?

SublimeGraphics

I have found running a small humidifier right beside the printer works really well. We use the copper anti-static tinsel as well but sometimes its just not enough.

genericname

Quick question guys. I got shocked by my cjv30 the other day. Is that normal? It wasn't that bad, do i have a static problem?

Used to happen to me all the time. I was worried about frying the boards, so we picked up some grounding mats and a pair of static discharge bootstraps. We put the mats at the foot of the control area for each printer, and I wear the bootstraps on dry days, usually in the winter. Haven't had a shock yet.