• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray on new head

Dizimoto

I fitted a new Cyan head about 6 weeks ago. Alignment etc all seems good. The new head printed sharp and strong immediately.

Somewhere in the last few weeks I've been getting overspray from the Cyan head - Only when I first turn the printer on - (but the nozzle print is perfect)

If I run a few 100% Cyan prints the overspray clears up completely.

Any Ideas.?
attachment.php

Its a JV3 160SP Running Inktek full Solvent

Attachments

• cyan overspray.jpg
    cyan overspray.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 215

Dizimoto

More weirdness........ Switched the printer on about 3 hrs ago and left it innactive. Just tried the same test print and the Overspray is massively reduced...?

MikePro

3 potentials: 1) crap on your printhead 2)bad alignment 3) dirty encoder strip/sensor.

1) dirty printheads might not be the case, as you've recently installed it and most operators will clean their printheads prior to diagnosing further.... buuut never hurts to clean it again anyways. gunk built-up on other printheads is always worth removing as well.

2) are you certain your alignment procedures were done correctly? I believe nozzle-test prints only reflect mechanical alignment of printheads installed. there are some procedures where you add values, and others that you replace.... and extreme values will simulate overspray when applied to your prints. I once kept adding to a value thinking it would correct the pattern of the test print, over and over until all my lines were zig-zags, and realized my value should have been my initial "2.5" instead of "67"

3)assuming your alignments are good, and your overspray is only horizontal, I'd check your encoder. I had similiar problem with my Jv3-160, where my new printhead was still giving me ghosting around images. solved by cleaning encoder strip...which lead me to checking the encoder sensor while I was at it. upon removing the sensor from the machine, I noticed a dusting of magenta pigment on the lens. Cleaned it gently, reinstalled, and had worked 100% again for another year until finally retiring the machine for an upgrade.
I chalked it up to dust/hair/whatever deflecting the light from the sensor and giving the machine inconsistent readings along the encoder strip... causing printheads to fire erradically.

Dizimoto

Its looking like it's the Slider Board. I swapped magenta and cyan over at the slider board and the overspray issue moved to the Magenta head. It's just odd that after printing about 300mm of overspray the head starts working perfectly. And then runs fine all day...?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks Mike for the help...

Attachments

• dataswap.jpg
    dataswap.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 120
  • OverSpray.jpg
    OverSpray.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 176
  • dataswap.jpg
    dataswap.jpg