• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overspray/ tracks K only on JV33???

4R Graphics

Ok got a problem I have some real bad overspraying problem but its just on the blck channels.

Here is what i know it is not because these have been replaced within the last few days with no change:

1. Head
2. cables to head
3. dampers
4. cap
5. wiper

the printer prints great and always has but I all of a sudden got this BAD overspray problem and it is only happening to the black channels.

The overspray actually looks almost like the head is turning on to soon and to turning off to late but its not solid almost like it is ramping up then ramping down in the amount of ink is being sprayed and in the ramping parts it is happening before and after the actual graphic that is to be printed.

As I have only and always have been printing in Bi I need to run it in UNI tomorrow to see if it is actually happening before or after the actual edge.

Anyways I will print some black lettering and get pics tomorrow for you guys.

Oh by the way i have my rip set up to use Pure K for black but I have always done that as long as i have had this printer and never had a problem.

I am thinking it maybe a board?

Thanks for any input you may have.

4R Graphics

Ok I have 2 pics for you guys to look at these are printed in Uni direction the letters are .75" tall.

The saturation and media comp needs adjusting I know but need to fix the overspray problem first as I am down until this problem is fixed.

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 172
  • close up 2.jpg
    close up 2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 160

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take a look at your nozzle check to make sure your black isn't deflecting. It would have to be pretty bad to cause that overspray you are getting. Most likely you have a fairly bad electrical problem going on. Do a cable swap to determine if it is the head that is causing issues or something further back in the machine like cables, boards etc.

4R Graphics

Thanks for the reply
The head is brand new and the nozzle check is great thats why i did not post a pic of it.
The head i took out was doing the same thing and had some missing nozzles (I thought that was the problem but no such luck(.

As for swapping the cables this is a JV33 so there are only 2 ribbon cables for the whole 8 channel head you can not swap them.

I am pretty sure it is a board the question is which one.

I believe it is a board because I have changed the head, replaced all dampers, replaced the cap, replaced the wiper and have replaced both ribbon cables there isnt anything else but boards that are left.

Just dont want to start swapping boards as 1 this gets expensive fast and 2 if it is the main and i change the slider it may blow the new slider so i need to have a pretty good idea of what board is the problem before swapping them out.

I have worked at the component level repairing electronics for 20 years if Mimaki had schematics i could fix it but they keep them under armed guard lol.