Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OVS Double Sided Tape

Discussion in 'Materials' started by SAR.Summerlin, Nov 30, 2012.

1. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    So I have heard about a material that is basically over sized double stick tape. Does anyone know what this is called?

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    What are you looking to use this for?

3. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Oversized as in thicker or wider?

4. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Sorry wider, We need to apply a graphic to the front side of a piece of acrylic that goes into a light box. I suggested using the translucent adhesive vinyl we had on hand but someone else said no get this other material that is not adhesive and now that we have done a test print and dry fit they are seeing a noticeable sag and looking for a solution.

5. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    You can get 24" wide rolls of VHB tape. Get your wallet out though. You can get 48" also if you don't mind applying for a small loan.

You can also buy sheets. I know there are 8.5" x 13". I forget if it comes in other sheet sizes.

6. SAR.Summerlin

SAR.Summerlin Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Found it mounting adhesive. Expensive. Thanks for your help.

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    What I think you are looking for is 3M 467MP 2.3 mil or 468MP 5.2 mil

8. iprint

iprint Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Arizona
    LexJet carries a full line of Mounting Adhesives (or print mount as I have always called it.) They carry economy types all the way up to optically clear for face mounting graphics to clear substrates in various widths. I am not sure what your definition of expensive is, but there were quite a few on there that I would consider reasonable. Also, I believe they still have flat rate shipping of $9 per order.