• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Owner /Employee

Are you and Owner or an Employee

• Owner

Votes: 188 78.7%
  • Employee

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters

Marlene

OK, I've got to ask--what is an other? If you don't own the business but work there then you are an employee. Am I just having a blond moment?

Checkers

Hey Marlene,
There may be consultants or others that are in related industries that don't make signs. An example could be people that are investigating the sign business that don't work or own a shop yet and they're here to learn :)

Checkers

kazoosigns

I'm an employee, who's worked in three very different sign environments.

1st: a small family run shop (5 people) that has been around since '86.
2nd: a small family run franchise shop that I walked in on day 1.
3rd: a large (30 people) specialty shop that's been around for 20+ years.

cwa

Employee
Parent company knows nothing about the sign industry. Work by myself w/ pt helper when needed.
Still have to answer to a personell dept and all the office bs.
My offical boss also manages the warehouse and has no sign exp.

Heinzen Sign

Ex Owner Now Employee

Long story short - Co-owned with "friend". Friend built $250,000 house, I couldn't afford to. I withdrew as owner. Before completion of withdrawal, he sold business without my knowledge (he was working a deal for about 3 months while I was still co-owner which as my lawyer says is illegal), now in a big legal battle for almost a year to get my share of the profit of sale. "Friend" started pizza business. Business folded in Julyof 2006. Now he is a financial investor rep for a company in town. Anybody got some money they wanna lose? I know the guy. I now work for competitor of the business "we" sold. A lot less headaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenrood

co-owner

My husband and I are co-owner's we both work it. I work full time and do this after work. My husband owns a pressure washing company so he works full time as well but lately we have been working full time at home as well. We are having fun.
:Coffee: :Coffee:

witteart

Owner

Started my shop 2 years ago to get out of working so hard and so much. Now I work, have fun, make money and boss myself around all day and love every minute of it.

Mardi

Owner... I have worked for others for 20+ years, finaly opened my own business.

took me long enough

signsource1

Owner of my own shop for 5 years, but worked for a traffic sign manufacturer for the 11 years prior. Can see the owners angle plus the employees angle

FlambeauMan

Employee, at an awesome company, wouldn't want to own it yet....but someday. Met my girlfirend at work 2 years ago, got engaged last month. :thumb:

cgsigns_pat

My husband and I own the busisness for 22yrs now. My youngest son works for us and someday I hope he takes it over. It has it's good times and bad times but that's how everything goes right.