• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Packaging SP540V for shipping

jagsouthern

We recently upgraded to the VS540i and have found a buyer for our SP540v. Does anyone know any specifics on how the printer should be packaged for safe delivery? I understand I should get some cleaning cartridges and drain all the ink out of the lines, but I'm not sure how that would work with our bulk ink system. Also, how do I lock the heads/carriage in place so they don't get jolted around during transport? Lastly, there is a blue metal piece that is labelled "This will be needed when you will repackage the product. Please keep this." - what is this for?

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated -

rjssigns

Blue piece is to secure the head/cutter carriage for transport. You'll need to flush the lines/heads too. Put in a cleaning cartridge then pull ink through the captops until you see clear cleaning solution.

As far as crating here is what I know. Build it like bomb proof and insure the heck out of it. For critical shipments my crates have 4x4 skids, 2x4 framing/deck, and plywood sides. Nail everything together with coated ring shanks then screw shoot the top. Unit itself gets cleaned then shrink wrapped with dessicant bags inside the wrap.

If you don't want to deal with all that see if you have a Navis shipping outlet near you. They'll handle the whole deal. We've used them to ship electronics/printers because they will use a double wall cardboard container(about 5/8 thick) pumped with foam. Slick.