• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paid subscription

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They're great. It's all about pros... no cons to it. Join for one month and see if you like it. You'll receive much more in depth discussion and answers to far more than you could imagine.

Come to the other side..................

Craig Sjoquist

So very true look at the premium section you get to post and read those, well you may think whoopee why would I need to do that ..well after I got mine I learned new stuff was inspired uncounted times and when it's due again I'll be sure to re-new

surf city

They're great. It's all about pros... no cons to it. Join for one month and see if you like it. You'll receive much more in depth discussion and answers to far more than you could imagine.

Come to the other side..................

Gino,
You make it sound so good and yet mysterious at the same time.........what could be on the otherside??? 42 virgins

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Really, nothing mysterious about it.

Out here on the 'Open Forums' or otherwise known as the free section.... you have all kinds of lurkers, nose pokes and other tire kickers that don't want to know about the real make up of the sign industry. They're just looking for ways to get around local sign shops, cheaper shops and DIY-ers that hurt the business end of things. In the paid section... people will open up more and talk about much much more than out here.

Many people on any given day are turned away as the administrators monitoring [can attest to] .... because they are not interested at all in furthering or helping their fellow sign people. They tend to be the 'Takers'. All they do is take-take-take and don't' give back. Don't get me wrong... someone new that is really trying will take and take and take, but they are educating themselves and when they do it in the 'Premium Section'... they are at least acknowledging they are willing to learn with the rest of us.

Again, there's nothing wrong with the free section, but some are hesitant to reveal trade practices, pricing and other valuable things which can undermine anyone's business out there anymore.

Let's take for instance someone asks a vital question and it gets answered by someone here. The answer might very well help that OP, but at the same time, it could hurt some other sign shop four states over from yours because some lazy a$$ed customer stumbles on here while googling vinyl made banners. They see a way to get information so they can go to their local sign shop and demand why he is over-charging or whatever other accusation they dream up... and that signshop guy/gal might be green around the gills and lose a customer by being blindsided.

Okay, now that's rare, but some of my customers have asked me if I'm on this site and I tell them, Yes. They've actually asked me why so much information is passed around for anyone to see ?? For that, I don't have a reason, other than some people just plain don't care.

surf city

Gino,
I was just kidding but, actually glad I did and glad I got that response from you cause you really made a great statement as to why someone should actually subscribe to this forum. I agree and I will be subscribing.

jscarl

Boy Geno; You sit on the porcelain at night an practice that speech, an i'll bet you could get a whole bunch to join. It sure was the truth Geno.

TShirtJohn

Not been on a while and now notice that it's a paid subscription to many of the sections i use this site for, so now i've to pay to use what used to be free? I get the site needs funds to run but it's full of adverts as is

Jillbeans

It's cheaper than a pack of cigarettes (for one month) or a case of beer.
It helps Fred. Look at all the info we've gleaned from 101 over the years in comparison, which is priceless.
Love....Jill
PS
I've noticed that some of the members who initially replied to this old thread no longer subscribe. That's sad.
:rolleyes:

wildside

i have been on both sides of it, and to me it is hard to tell the difference.....

You say people share more, but really it is the same on either side to me, same complaining and bitching, but also the same great info and helpfulness on either side of the membership coin. There are some extra perks on the inside i suppose, but not really sure if i have ever used them, or even totally positive what they are....

to me the hardest part is trying to keep track if you are posting in the paid side or free side, i mean i see a post and go to respond, but never pay attention to where it is actually posting, i guess i am just so sporadically here that i don't waste time looking for the little details:covereyes:

WildWestDesigns

I do make an effort to post things in the premium section. If it's something concerning tips/tricks/or just to be on the lookout for. I know some of the embroiderers are paying members, so I try to do that and on occasion have offered specials on digitizing services in the premium section (although that was before Fred put in an embroidery sub forum).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not been on a while and now notice that it's a paid subscription to many of the sections i use this site for, so now i've to pay to use what used to be free? I get the site needs funds to run but it's full of adverts as is

I don't know of any forum here at Signs 101 that used to be free and is now a premium forum. Most of the premium forums were added as duplicates of existing open forums but invisible to search bots, visitors and non-subscribing members. I would be curious to know what forum category you use Signs 101 for that used to be free and no longer is.

Tim Aucoin

Can't keep quiet!
I would pay TRIPLE the amount to be on this Forum. I haven't been "contributing" in the way of posting so much in the last year or so because I've been so busy working, but... I am so busy working thanks in a great part to everything I learned from the fine folks on this forum over the past several years. When I decided to add wide format, signs, decals, etc... to our offerings here, I stumbled across this forum, went through the "newbie" stage and survived... all the while learning TONS of valuable things that have helped our business grow to where it is today. Even with all the bull**** that I read through on some of the threads, this place is STILL worth every single penny I pay to stay as a premium member. Heck, even if there were no benefits to a paid membership, I would still DONATE annually to support it. It is well worth it just to have the privilege to know (and have personally met) the handful of folks on here I call FRIENDS!!!

If you don't get anything out of this forum by paying for a membership... you either know everything already or you are not looking hard enough... period!! :rock-n-roll:

gabagoo

This forum is the best thing I ever found since being in the biz.... It helped so much to get peoples opinions on just about everything concerning anything related to the business.

I would be lost without Signs101....Worth paying for and I sort of wish that it was a pay only forum to keep those that don't belong...out...Ok maybe a 1 month free trial

SignManiac

Terminate this site today and tell me what it's worth the next time you have a printer down with a job due at the end of the day. What is an hour of your time worth trying to match a font that your customer just has to have and no substitute will do. Price a job wrong and leave a grand on the table or worse yet, lose a grand because you forgot something?

$50 is too much? You're in the wrong business then.

Tim Aucoin

Worth paying for and I sort of wish that it was a pay only forum to keep those that don't belong...out...Ok maybe a 1 month free trial

Agree! :toasting:

Terminate this site today and tell me what it's worth the next time you have a printer down with a job due at the end of the day. What is an hour of your time worth trying to match a font that your customer just has to have and no substitute will do. Price a job wrong and leave a grand on the table or worse yet, lose a grand because you forgot something?

$50 is too much? You're in the wrong business then.

Agree! :toasting: