Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint booth accessories - painting double sided sign

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by cpot25, Dec 15, 2019.

1. cpot25

cpot25 New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Southeast
    Anyone have any tips/tricks on how to paint a double sided material at once? We do a lot of painting and our typical process to paint a D/S sign is to paint one side, wait a day and then paint the other side. We can't rely on hanging a sign because we don't always have holes to hang it from.

Any other ideas on how we can efficiently paint both sides?

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Many ways. Depends on the substrate, shape, weight, kinda paint and your conditions.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Pipe clamps on the edges then stick the ends of the pipe clamps in jack stand bases. I know, I know, it gets the job done though.;)

The above will give you an idea of what to fab up for a more permanent solution.

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I'm trying to imagine a sort of sign that doesn't get holes but does get paint. We typically hang or paint and wait ourselves.

5. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Back in the days before I was using 2 part urethanes and relied entirely on enamels, if I had a slew of boards to paint, I'd paint one side and the edges all in one round. If I didn't have room to paint all of them at once, I'd lean them against the wall with thumb tacks or roofing nails at the edges to keep them separated. Wait til the next day, clean up the other side and repeat. Pretty tough to paint both sides at once without some sort of edge clamp as rjs suggests.