• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint booth accessories - painting double sided sign

cpot25

Anyone have any tips/tricks on how to paint a double sided material at once? We do a lot of painting and our typical process to paint a D/S sign is to paint one side, wait a day and then paint the other side. We can't rely on hanging a sign because we don't always have holes to hang it from.

Any other ideas on how we can efficiently paint both sides?

Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many ways. Depends on the substrate, shape, weight, kinda paint and your conditions.

rjssigns

Pipe clamps on the edges then stick the ends of the pipe clamps in jack stand bases. I know, I know, it gets the job done though.;)

The above will give you an idea of what to fab up for a more permanent solution.

letterman7

Back in the days before I was using 2 part urethanes and relied entirely on enamels, if I had a slew of boards to paint, I'd paint one side and the edges all in one round. If I didn't have room to paint all of them at once, I'd lean them against the wall with thumb tacks or roofing nails at the edges to keep them separated. Wait til the next day, clean up the other side and repeat. Pretty tough to paint both sides at once without some sort of edge clamp as rjs suggests.