• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paint mask vinyl for curbs?

ScottyAdams

hey guys,

just had a customer come in asking for a paint mask from cut vinyl....never done this before. is there a specific kind of vinyl I should use for this type of job. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...thanks!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Gerber, Avery and others make a specific product called paint mask. It's usually a fuzz thicker, and has a lower tack than regular vinyl...but they also make a high tack.

Assuming it will go on concrete curbs, I'd suggest the high tack. We engrave brick and stone using something thicker than paint mask so I'm pretty sure the low tack won't stick that well.

Just make sure the concrete is bone dry first.

JB

Salmoneye

I used to paint curbs as a kid. Still have my brass stencil set that I used all those years. If I was to do it again this is still what I would use.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Paintmask is used to create custom, removable, single use, disposable stencils. The removable adhesive means a concrete or asphalt application is not going to work. The smoother the surface, the better the paintmask adheres; therefore, the better the image. Material comes in rolls and is vinyl cutter cutable. Widths range from 15" to 60"; roll lengths range from 150ft to 500ft; thickness ranges from 1.5mil to 4.0mil. If you have any more questions, please call or email me.

Pat Whatley

For concrete curbs? Grab that roll of that weird-assed color you've had leftover from a job 5 years ago and cut it. Has always worked for me.

synergy_jim

for a concrete curb regular mask will be crap.... he may need sandmask stencil with some high tack to get it to stay in place....