Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Overspray

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by rydods, Aug 30, 2018.

1. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I was contacted recently by an insurance company about a possible wrap change and later by the customer to set up an appointment to look at the wrap. I haven't seen it yet but I have an appointment to look at the car tomorrow and I want to get some thoughts ahead of time.
    The car was fully wrapped and later on a painting company's over-spray got on the wrap somehow and she/insurance company needs an estimate to replace the wrap.
    Has anyone dealt with this issue before or have suggestions? Is there a cleaner/paint remover option first or is this usually a full removal/re-install?
    Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. jwilde

jwilde Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Muskegon, MI
    Winsol Polyclean might do it, but from what I've seen it can take the sheen out of the signs/graphics, however, a small amount of overspray should buff right off. I've never used it on a fleet laminate, but we use it on street signs and such. With any cleaner you should test a small inconspicuous spot before going all out.

Depending on the severity of the overspray I, personally, would lean towards redoing the project.

3. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    A clay bar is used on paint. I think it will scratch it/dull it but worth a try. The better ones are sold at autobody stores but you can get them about anywhere, probably even walmart.