• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paint protection template

bobmaggio

I am trying to figure out how to create my own cutting templates for protective film. I am using corelx4 and lxi8, I do have vehicle templates but when I trace them I can tell they wont work because of the curves etc. I have heard the term "flattening" with regards to wraps but not sure if this applies to vector.
Do I need different software?
Any help would be appreciated
Bob Maggio

Adam Bennett

you can buy Invisible Patterns or Digital Designs, they're template programs that allow you access to an online pattern library.

Small investment to save yourself a ton of time.

no real reason to reinvent the wheel. If you don't like their kits, than just do it bulk and get good at trimming.

bobmaggio

thanks for the info. I had searched for a couple of hours and never came across invisable designs seems like a reasonable price for what they have although they didnt have the vehicle I was looking for 1990-96 300zx.