• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painted Awning

Colorburst

I have a customer that wants me to paint this awning Orange and put vinyl lettering on the front. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Colorburst

OOPS, forgot picture

I forgot to upload the picture of the awning

Attachments

• awning2.jpg
    awning2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 107

Firefox

So that is a canvas type awning that has had previous lettering painted over?

It looks as if the paint is peeling off, is this the case?

If it is peeling all loose paint has to come off or new paint will not stick.

If you decide to power wash the old loose paint off, do so at your own peril, A power washer can and will cut through old sun degraded canvas or sunbrella fabric like butter, don't ask how I know!

It's always tough doing a half a$$ed patch job that should really be taken down and replaced.

Good luck.

Colorburst

Your right on all counts, peeling paint, trying fix something that should be replaced, etc. Thanks for the advice on the power washer. It needs to be cleaned before it could be painted but I'm not sure it could witnstand the cleaning.

visual800

tell them new or walk away from this job. You go to power washing and blow hole thru it your gonna be replacing an old awning at your costs, mark my words, judging by pic it is already on the verge of tearing due to deterioration

Sometimes you just can't fix crap