• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painted farm sign.

Jillbeans

Thanks.
2D painted signs are my forte.
:)
I liked the 2nd layout better too but the client wanted BIG farm equipment.
Nice to be in SOT again, even just via FB, it's been 10 years I think.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

To much work went into those.

I'd be willing to bet you are only capable of producing the immediacy of a mouse click type of sign. Further, I'd be willing to bet you have never experienced the bliss of being in the zone when time stops while you are painting a sign and quitting time comes way too soon. Even further, I'd be willing to bet on your best day you couldn't come remotely close to pulling off something like this with a brush.

John Butto

I don't think Sidelinemgr was being mean about JillBeans' work Arlo. Just that when he saw the detail his first impression was "too much work went into those" meant that is a lot of detail and he was paying her a complement. I would be willing to bet that is what he meant.

SignManiac

There was a time when I painted scenes like that and I got more pleasure and satisfaction from it than all the button pushing I do today. Those who have never drawn or painted anything can't possibly understand. It's like trying to explain to sombody what it's like to jump from a perfectly good airplane, they just can't relate until they do it.

Mosh

Pretty cool, the only thing is the red tractor...I have AGCO and they are Orange!!!

Lots of farmers have John Deere that are green, the reason the are green is so when they fall apart you can put them out in the hedge row and no one will notice them. (Farmer joke)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There was a time when I painted scenes like that and I got more pleasure and satisfaction from it than all the button pushing I do today. Those who have never drawn or painted anything can't possibly understand. It's like trying to explain to sombody what it's like to jump from a perfectly good airplane, they just can't relate until they do it.

I don't know about a perfectly good plane, cause they get me from point 'A' to point 'B'....... but I'd sure want to jump from a bad one going down after leaving point 'A' and not making it to point 'B'..........:doh: