• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting Awning For Customer, What paint?

csudman

I've searched and found lots of different answers to this. The awning is a heavy vinyl material. It's in good shape. The customer is looking for 3-5 years before he is ready to replace it.

All of the newer answers suggest latex paint, older answers are saying NAZDAR ink thinned. The NAZDAR ink is about 4 times as expensive and I'll need about 4 gallons to do this.

Is latex appropriate for this project?

Thank you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In my recent years, vinyl banners are not paintable anymore. If you prime it with a paint receptive undercoat, then perhaps, but I would imagine it would still hafta be an oil-based paint. Most of the properties in vinyl awnings will repel latex in an instant.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Fellers used to sell it. It was called Aquacoat..... Tri Coat or something like that. We don't paint them anymore, because we have several printers and a flatbed for that stuff now. To paint an awning on site, we tell them to either start over or go elsewhere. We don't wanna be involved in possible disasters.

visual800

latex paint will adhere to vinyl awnings just clean it first. ive painted several some rolled some taken down and sprayed