Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting On 3M Reflective 680CR

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by CanDoASign4U, Jun 23, 2019.

1. CanDoASign4U

CanDoASign4U Member

Dec 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Local fire truck redo on striping. Having to restripe a door on an older model, local firetruck that was recently damaged and a new door installed. The truck has light blue reflective on all the striping and I've created the new striping to match what was on the damaged door. The striping is shaped like a "Z." My question is this: The old reflective has a black paint bleed in the top and bottom of the striping making it appear to be folded. Just curious if you can paint on the reflective and if so, what type of paint to use? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated,

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Why can't you just print that onto the striping?

3. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Nazdar plastic ink, thinned. Or automotive 2 part urethane enamel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Todd Jelle

Todd Jelle Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Grip flex sign paint, akzo coatings,
    its used for back spraying plastic sign faces
    from what I remember the thinner/ reducer is a vinyl product so its hot enough & chemically bonds to the vinyl. The product data sheet lists it for use on flexible vinyl.
    I used to do it a lot years ago, its perfect & will last as long as the vinyl.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LGud

LGud New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Canada
    We used one shot.

6. CanDoASign4U

CanDoASign4U Member

Dec 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thank you all for your input. Realized I had some Grip Flex black and that did the job!