• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting On 3M Reflective 680CR

CanDoASign4U

Local fire truck redo on striping. Having to restripe a door on an older model, local firetruck that was recently damaged and a new door installed. The truck has light blue reflective on all the striping and I've created the new striping to match what was on the damaged door. The striping is shaped like a "Z." My question is this: The old reflective has a black paint bleed in the top and bottom of the striping making it appear to be folded. Just curious if you can paint on the reflective and if so, what type of paint to use? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated,

Attachments

• DSC_1357.png
    DSC_1357.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 312

Todd Jelle

Grip flex sign paint, akzo coatings,
its used for back spraying plastic sign faces
from what I remember the thinner/ reducer is a vinyl product so its hot enough & chemically bonds to the vinyl. The product data sheet lists it for use on flexible vinyl.
I used to do it a lot years ago, its perfect & will last as long as the vinyl.