• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Painting Sign on Building

dlndesign

I have a customer that wants a graffiti "style" painted sign on the upper part of his building. My painter doesn't want to do it, to "intricate" for him. I'd do it, but I don't have enough insurance to cover me being up there. So I am looking for someone that can paint and cover themselves insurance wise, so I can get this project done. I'm in San Diego, is there anyone local that I can contact for a job like this? Thanks! Attached is a photo of what the customer is looking for.

Attachments

• kmzvpx63.jpg
    kmzvpx63.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 112

zmatalucci

I know its not a constructive comment, sorry.
But for the life of me, I cant figure out the first word. I see tattoo..but thats it

sinetist

I'd be inclined to construct it on the ground (in pieces) and install them on the building face rather than painting it up there.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I'm FAR from local (Texas) but I'll do it for the cost of a flight out there and a place to stay for a few days + meals. Been a signpainter since I was 17 - now 56 - do the math.

round man

If you can get hold of him Fernando Ocampo is in the LA area and he specializes in that style of stuff. He is a graduate of LA sign tech school and an exceptional painter/walldog,..Si Allen should know how to get in touch with him,.....

7oaks

Convince your client to do something different. Driving by-- tatoo would take to long to figure out

Ken

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Based on the other signs and awning adornments.... will this proposed sign pass code ?? It appears to be far too large for the building or others would have done something similar instead of staying so small.

Oh.... and what is that lady bug leaking ??

Jillbeans

I thought it said Me Two Tattoo?
I would build it outta Alumalite screwed onto metal tubing and install to the building.
If I painted something like that, even as a subcontractor, I would have trouble making eye contact with any fellow sign people ever again.
Love....Jill