Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

painting trucking covers

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by insigns, Mar 19, 2013.

1. insigns

insigns New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Bend
    Can anyone give a recommendation on the best materials and process for painting semi trucking covers. These are 9' x 26' per section that overlap to cover a 52' trailer. The material is a smooth banner. I don't feel confident vinyl will stick long term with the way they get rolled and folded up so I am thinking paint. I did a small sample w/ paint mask vinyl that worked well. Just trying to figure out water based paint vs oil and if there are any primers that would help adhere to the banner?
    thanks

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You need to give us more information. Paint either will work or it won't.

You need to paint a few splotches, let them dry and see which won't rub, scratch or peel off with a lot of elbow grease.

There is a primer called Tri-Coat that works well. I have no idea of where to get it anymore. Ameriban used to handle it.