• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Palight

I'm curious if anyone uses Palight & if the quality is comparable to Komocel. Any additional info would be appreciated - thanks

electricfly

I have used it for direct to print and find it a little softer than Sintra probable closer to e-panel, not sure of hardness of Komocel. I was using Duratex Foam PVC with good results and price point.

Jean Shimp

We haven't used it lately but when it first came out we tried routing it and did not like it for routed work. The edges had a lot of "fuzz" on them. We prefer Excel PVC for routing as it seems denser. The edges are cleaner on cut out letters.

rossmosh

Pros: It comes with a slip sheet which is really nice. Keeps the sheets in better shape. It's also competitively priced

Downside: It is less dense which means it doesn't cut as well as other brands.

sstevesc

Dynamic Decal & Printing
Would the 19mm excel integral foam be as strong as a MDO sheet of plywood? 4x8x3/4"? I was thinking of instead of using a MDO plywood sheet for direction 4x8 road sign, would a sheet of the excel foam be as rigid/strong mounted to two wooden posts?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Would the 19mm excel integral foam be as strong as a MDO sheet of plywood? 4x8x3/4"? I was thinking of instead of using a MDO plywood sheet for direction 4x8 road sign, would a sheet of the excel foam be as rigid/strong mounted to two wooden posts?

My opinion, no. It would be alot more money as well. Does your customer not want to use MDO or maybe an aluminum print over plywood?

sstevesc

Dynamic Decal & Printing
My opinion, no. It would be alot more money as well. Does your customer not want to use MDO or maybe an aluminum print over plywood?
Well I'm just wondering if by the time you prep the plywood with paint and such if the costs would wash. The density is roughly the same from what I read

rossmosh

You need to take into consideration the expansion rate of PVC. Otherwise it's a fine choice to use as an alternative to MDO. If installed properly, it should easily outlast MDO due to it's resistance to moisture.

Generally speaking, all white PVC is fine outside but the glossy stuff lasts better.

ProColorGraphics

Komacel has an outdoor rated one that they say is a replacement for wood. Probably costs 3x as much as a sheet of MDO too. Not knocking it, just what I have seen with other "outdoor" 19mm PVC.