• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pan face layout.... hit me!

slappy

So... i got the gig with the print inside the pan face which i've never done... but you that know me.. i'm trying to grow bigger and better. And i have another 5x8 pan face i just placed an order for.. but it's just trans. vinyl.. But I would just really appreciate some feedback on this layout i'm working with.. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Am i going in the right direction with the wrench man? The customer likes the little guy....

As for not being on in a while.... i've been busy with every aspect of my life at the moment and feel like a rope in a tug or war game! I miss everyone here and hope all is well! It's crazy windy here today but it was nice to wake up to 40 degrees... not looking forward to what's going on outside my window as i type! Ayden had his 3rd birthday last week! yup! 3 already! Talking and singing and putting things neatly in rows! lol

Last edited:

GoodPeopleFlags

I bet they insist on the phone number, eh? It would be great if you could leave it off. Other than that, I like it!

You're going to spray paint the inside, right?

Dan Antonelli

watch your contrast on main copy... red on blue is not going to read well at from distance, and you should never outline red with black or vice versa. You'd probably do better pulling the character out, flush left and main copy to the right so you can get some bigger letters on there and make better use of the available space---

do the squint test on the thumbnail - phone number is most prominent and legible thing right now (which you shouldn't have on this type of sign to begin with, but if they insist, you can't argue)

speedmedia

How about trying something along these lines?

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• vestals.jpg
    vestals.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 85

slappy

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback and was wondering how about if i go toward this way??? The yellow looks weird on here cause i did it in CMYK

Last edited:

Jillbeans

Auto Service needs to be more important than the phone number.
I like when all the digits are the same size.
Thinner font on number thicker on auto service.
Try the name in just white with no yellow fade.

slappy

sorry! takes me a few minutes to save it cause of the size. Any better?? (color is still weird)

Last edited:

signmeup

I really liked the first one. I would raise the little guy up so his overalls didn't blend into the panel. It would also raise his hat/hairline above the black outline that passes under it. Shame about the phone number.

Attachments

• vestalls.jpg
    vestalls.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 72

slappy

I've only done one pan face and that was for myself here at the shop and i really need this one to be "the attention grabber" to gather more jobs like these.
I really like the first one also and since it's going to be a print, I thought i could sell business cards on it also! I told him i would have something to show for tomorrow... so maybe i'll play with the first again also since i didn't save over it i hope!

slappy

now what to do with the phone number..:banghead:

opps! pointing the wrench wrong way also!

Last edited:

wes70

So... i got the gig with the print inside the pan face which i've never done... but you that know me.. i'm trying to grow bigger and better. And i have another 5x8 pan face i just placed an order for.. but it's just trans. vinyl.. But I would just really appreciate some feedback on this layout i'm working with.. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Am i going in the right direction with the wrench man? The customer likes the little guy....

With the print applied to the inside, the pan face will have to be clear.

Jillbeans

Love what Signcrafters did with it.
Adrian has a great suggestion about eliminating that bottom element too.

Pinfinity

I like the first layout as well with these exceptions.. imo. VESTAL'S seems to small and is fighting with auto service for visual priority. I don't feel there is enough contrast between the red copy and blue panel. I like the overall layout though without the phone.