• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panel Dimension display for your show room

Andy D

I need to make a display that shows different sizes of signs/panels to show customers when they ask "well, how big is that".
Before I make a standard one we have all seen, I was wondering if anyone has designed one that was cool that they didn't mind showing off... I need something to inspire me...

I've been playing with the idea of doing all the panel sizes out of .032 aluminum and stacking everything together and using washers as standoffs to separate each panel from the next size down. Don't have this setup yet though. No pictures. Could incorporate lights between each size to really make them standout more. Was going to sheet each panel a different color to do this though.

bannertime

Nothing as nice as Big Easy's idea, but we recently toyed around with this.

Attachments

• Multi Size Banner.jpg
    Multi Size Banner.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 177

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We just use a 4' yardstick for the little ones and anything bigger, we just mosey into one of the other rooms and show them the actual size.

The real problem comes when they cannot visual the size, vs. in an actual field or on a building. They see something in front of them and think, WOW, that's really big, but don't understand when the viewing distance comes into play..... the samples won't do squat for most people.

2B

we did this years ago, VERY helpful
shows "common" sizes, different types of fonts, and colors

all numbers and fonts are 2", again this show them the type of font plays more of a factor than the size

Attachments

• Common Size and fonts-15.jpg
    Common Size and fonts-15.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171

2B

We just use a 4' yardstick for the little ones and anything bigger, we just mosey into one of the other rooms and show them the actual size.

The real problem comes when they cannot visual the size, vs. in an actual field or on a building. They see something in front of them and think, WOW, that's really big, but don't understand when the viewing distance comes into play..... the samples won't do squat for most people.

when proofing we either place a size reference or place the design on the intended surface.
ie building wall so they can see the scale