• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panorama Wal & Wall

teamworld

Anyone have experience printing the Panorama Walk & Wall using Roland Eco-sol inks?

We ordered a 24"x10' roll to test print on with mixed results. Seems to print well & adheres nicely to a standard painted wall without any edge curl, but when we put it on a fabric cubicle wall we have edge curl the next day some edges more than others (took 1 print, cut in half to test both). The customer we are doing the test before offering it to wants to have 36"x42" full bleed fabric type decals to put on office cubicle walls. We thought this may work because it's supposed to be usable on carpet.

I waited 24 hours before trimming to the bleed. Do I need to wait longer before trimming? Ran another test, trimmed 1 side about 32 hours later, then let rest cure over the weekend. The other 3 sides seem OK this morning with some curl on the earlier cut side.

What print/heat setting do you use? I used standard & Roland canvas settings (I don't currently have profiling capabilities)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gkgrafx

That material isnt meant to be put on fabric cubicle walls it is only meant for painted walls, floors, and temporary carpet (only temporary, not recomended for longterm at all). Gravity is going to want to make it fall off in time because its only adhering to fabric. I have printed on this material with a mutoh 1624 and pretty much used almost the same color profile i would use for a textured adhesive vinyl or a canvas.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would suggest trying Phototex EX for this, but I have never put anything on a cubicle wall.

tmcquade

Thank you both for your replies. I'm going to let my customer know that we don't think this will work after testing it. I was able to contact Photo Tex & have a sample coming. I'll post my findings.

ams

It's going to adhere to the fibers of the fabric and not secure a full bond. Therefor it's not actually sticking to the fabric at all.

a77

For something like this I think you'd need something super high tack, which will damage on removal. They might have to live with a rigid board put on with velcro, or if they like a fabric look, why not print on intellicoat poly-satin, put a stiffener bar top and bottom, and attach those with velcro?

Gkgrafx

For something like this I think you'd need something super high tack, which will damage on removal. They might have to live with a rigid board put on with velcro, or if they like a fabric look, why not print on intellicoat poly-satin, put a stiffener bar top and bottom, and attach those with velcro?
Definitely agree with substrate and velcro!

tmcquade

We ended up using The Phototex ESX. The testing went really good. It printed nicely & adhered to our fabric cubicle walls easily & are still up with no curling issues. I gave it 24hours before I trimmed it. It does not seem to leave a residue when I peel away after being up over a month. Time will tell over a longer period.

We ordered a full roll from Fellers & ran several large (4’x4’) prints for our customer. They were so happy with the results that after the event they were displaying them for, they removed them from the walls & asked us to mount them on foamcore. I assume they did not have any residue issues even though it was the high tack. The mounting went pretty well, considering how they were handled when removed from the wall & shipped back. The prints had a white background & I was able to clean up some of the marks from handling with some alcohol.

I also want to applaud Walter Geirlach Jr at PhotoTex. I recieved excellent customer service. He responded to my e-mail inquiry within minutes & had a test sample on the way that day for us. He also followed up a few weeks later to see how thing were going.

Gkgrafx

We ended up using The Phototex ESX. The testing went really good. It printed nicely & adhered to our fabric cubicle walls easily & are still up with no curling issues. I gave it 24hours before I trimmed it. It does not seem to leave a residue when I peel away after being up over a month. Time will tell over a longer period.

We ordered a full roll from Fellers & ran several large (4’x4’) prints for our customer. They were so happy with the results that after the event they were displaying them for, they removed them from the walls & asked us to mount them on foamcore. I assume they did not have any residue issues even though it was the high tack. The mounting went pretty well, considering how they were handled when removed from the wall & shipped back. The prints had a white background & I was able to clean up some of the marks from handling with some alcohol.

I also want to applaud Walter Geirlach Jr at PhotoTex. I recieved excellent customer service. He responded to my e-mail inquiry within minutes & had a test sample on the way that day for us. He also followed up a few weeks later to see how thing were going.

That's awsome! I am glad to here that worked. I gotta try that out sometime...